Unifi AP Nanohd speed problems.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

csp-guy

Jun 26, 2019
Hungary, Budapest
Hi Guys,

i am seeking for an advice about a speed problem of Unifi ap nanohd AP.

I have 1Gbit/300Mbit Wan connection.

I have unifi controller, plus pfsense, plus ISP router. I can use the full bandwidth using LAN cables.

The WIFI speed is no more than 300Mbit/sec. I tested all channels, all power levels without success.

The 2.4 radio is turned off, i tested 5ghz/40/80/160 bandwidth.

The link connection from AC clients to Wifi is 867Mbit/sec, from AX 1.3Gbit/sec.

I checked reddit, unifi support page etc, i tested everything, the channel coverage is very good, there is no interference with other AP-s.

Theoterically it must reach the 860Mbs speed limit of the AP, but i never get speed above 300Mbit/sec.

Thank you for the answer, ideas, etc.

LodeRunner

Apr 27, 2019
The transfer rate on wifi will never be the same as the PHY rate outside of a lab and perfect conditions. And usually not even then. Wifi is not duplex and has a lot of overhead. Without a RF site survey, it's really tough to say more. Also, using 160 MHz channels in a dense environment is asking for trouble; you mention that you live in a flat, which I assume is the equivalent to an apartment in the US and therefore implies relatively dense housing.

RobstarUSA

Sep 15, 2016
In general, I expect to get throughput of 1/2 of the link speed if my network is running well. That is kind of how wifi is.