Uncharted waters with CWWK AMD 7840HS ITX board... under "KingnovyPC" brand

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tzvia

Sep 5, 2022
While I wait for this board to get here (estimated first week of April) I thought I would look around here but I only see mentions of it, no one with first hand experience yet so I thought I would open a thread as i wait. The plan is to replace my aging Supermicro MDB-X10SDV-TLN4F that's been running well the last 6 years. Now getting a few single bit errors from one memory stick so I've got to by memory at the very least, but thought I would see what something 'modern' would do by comparison. I'll miss IPMI but it's not like it's not right next to a TV I can just connect it to so not a big loss. Yea no ECC on that chip I discovered after ordering 64gigs ECC Kingston. Oh well, if they ever come out with the 7735hs one, I will just put that memory in there (have to update my aging NAS, a Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F, at some point so will need another board but with ECC). Plan is to run ESXI 8 on it (running 6.7 on the X10SDV now) or maybe PROXMOX but I suspect it will be a pain to import my existing VMs. Thankfully I have ESXI 8 already and the key. Sad that Broadcom bought them, as that is where companies go to die. SoI sit and wait and will hopefully have good things to say about it.

Panirobo

Apr 3, 2024
CH
Same boat here, and waiting for parcel to be sent.
Hope the BIOS will not be buggy and idle power draw will be reasonnable.

About ECC support, the spec list mentions "...supports server-grade ECC notebook strip".
Is this some misleading info to fool any uneducated buyer about ECC? or does it really means some kind of limited support?

regs

Sep 12, 2022
Per Reddit, ECC does not work
Only Pro version of AMD Phoenix support ECC and only FP7r2 socket version, for DDR5. But CWWK board obviously has non-pro version of 7840HS.

Last edited: