Unable to Use All Cores and Threads on H11DSi-Nt Rev 2.0 Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Denverdino

Jan 25, 2024
Hello everyone. I have this super micro h11dsi-nt ver 2.0 motherboard with the latest 2.7 bios and EPYC 7642 dual processors. I'm only able to boot to any OS if I set 4 CCDs and Core Control 6 (3+3). If I set Auto for those or turn Auto for Core Performance Boost, it gets stuck at the boot screen and loads a blank window. Because of this, I'm only able to use 96 threads. Can anyone suggest something to bypass this issue?

Attachments

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
have you tried a fresh windows 10 pro install via USB drive ?
( UEFI boot, BIOS = auto. )

GhettoSuperstar

Mar 12, 2020
Worst case scenario, re-seat the CPU. For Epyc, saw peeps get rid of some issues re-seating. Sometimes not enough pressure being applied by the heatsink or not enough thermal grease.

Reactions: RolloZ170

Denverdino

Jan 25, 2024
Hey guys, I have installed windows with one cpu at the cpu1 spot as @RolloZ170 mentioned and it turned out to be that the other cpu is defective as it failed to start when I tried testing it alone to boot.
Thank you @GhettoSuperstar as I reseated them and tested to find the faulty one. Thank y’all both who tried to help. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: RolloZ170