EU UK HP 764284-B2 - Mellanox CX3-Pro FCCT-QSFP-VPI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RedX1

Aug 11, 2017
Hi

If you are looking for Mellanox CX3-Pro Cards for QSFP applications at a reasonable price this offer might attract your interest.

HP Infiniband FDR 10GB/40GB 2-Port 544+QSFP Adapter HBA 764736-001 764284-B2 | eBay

These are in fact a HP version of the ConnectX-3 Pro MCX354A-FCCT VPI Card with FDR10 40/56GbE 2 PORT QSFP. HP Part No. 764284-B2

I ordered several units, they arrived UPS-Next Day in the UK, extremely well packaged in individual anti-static bags, some were in boxes, others in padded bags.

Most were rev. A4 one was rev. A2 and another rev. A3.

They are recognised by Win 10 and the latest Win-OF Driver Package 5_50_53000 allows the port assignment tool to function properly.

Mellanox OFED for Windows - WinOF / WinOF-2

Some HP cards flashed with Mellanox firmware do not allow this feature to work properly with the latest Win-OP drivers and port assignment only works using the MFT Tools.

All of the Mellanox MFT Tools work, including MLXUP.

All the cards had the latest HP FW 2.42.5044 firmware.
Firmware.PNG

Here is the Device Query output.

CX354a Pro FCCT.PNG

The HP Firmware for Windows 10 can be found here.

Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center.

All of the archived HP firmware releases can be found here.

HPESC Search Results

If you want to flash this card to the Mellanox firmware – found here.

Firmware for ConnectX®-3 Pro IB/VPI

I hope this helps; these cards are much more difficult to find that the standard CX354a non Pro version.

Have fun

RedX1

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I saw that, but he wants 17.99 in shipping for the first card and 9 for each after, which is robbery in my opinion and then it might be cheaper for us non UK people to order something else where a reasonable shipping discount are given.

I tried to do a deal with him and initially there was no postage discount, so 6 cards that I tried to order would cost me (39.99+17.99)*6=347.88 - which is a hell of a lot for 6 cards suddenly.

Reactions: cjlvu and ecosse

tochnia

Mar 5, 2022
Hi

If you are looking for Mellanox CX3-Pro Cards for QSFP applications at a reasonable price this offer might attract your interest.

HP Infiniband FDR 10GB/40GB 2-Port 544+QSFP Adapter HBA 764736-001 764284-B2 | eBay

These are in fact a HP version of the ConnectX-3 Pro MCX354A-FCCT VPI Card with FDR10 40/56GbE 2 PORT QSFP. HP Part No. 764284-B2

I ordered several units, they arrived UPS-Next Day in the UK, extremely well packaged in individual anti-static bags, some were in boxes, others in padded bags.

Most were rev. A4 one was rev. A2 and another rev. A3.

They are recognised by Win 10 and the latest Win-OF Driver Package 5_50_53000 allows the port assignment tool to function properly.

Mellanox OFED for Windows - WinOF / WinOF-2

Some HP cards flashed with Mellanox firmware do not allow this feature to work properly with the latest Win-OP drivers and port assignment only works using the MFT Tools.

All of the Mellanox MFT Tools work, including MLXUP.

All the cards had the latest HP FW 2.42.5044 firmware.
View attachment 14245

Here is the Device Query output.

View attachment 14246

The HP Firmware for Windows 10 can be found here.

Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center.

All of the archived HP firmware releases can be found here.

HPESC Search Results

If you want to flash this card to the Mellanox firmware – found here.

Firmware for ConnectX®-3 Pro IB/VPI

I hope this helps; these cards are much more difficult to find that the standard CX354a non Pro version.

Have fun

RedX1
Are you using these cards in VPI or Ethernet mode?
If you are using them in Ethernet mode can you please share device query output of setup which work for you.
As I bought one /brand new and sealed/ but it is not working with same transceivers and cabling where non-pro card was working fine before this..