UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Mar 7, 2015
Can someone confirm that the Cisco 10Gbase-T CNA UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02/Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1225T works in a non-UCS server? I was able to pick one up for a very good price on ebay, but not 100% sure it will work . Thanks!

Tim

Mar 7, 2015
I won't actually have the card until next week, but it looks similar to a rebranded Intel X540 except without the shield:

mstrzyze

Nov 9, 2015
well i think you will have problem...

server cant config the card at all unless it is in a Cisco Server. there is dependency between CIMC and firmware on VIC
VICs will work only in UCS Servers.

i didnt tried that as all i got are UCSes. i got some supermicro somewhere .. need to check if it is working and can check that ( but i got only VICs with SPF+... ) if you want that

Mar 7, 2015
Oh well. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I've only got $55 sunk into it, so it isn't a huge loss. I'd be immensely grateful though if you could tell me what the supermicro sees your VICs as. Thanks!

Mar 7, 2015
Well, the card came and it doesn't fit in the x8 slot in my DL380 G7. I'm assuming it is an x16 card. While I could get an x16 riser, I'm not inclined to throw more money at this given the supposed compatibility issues. Lesson learned! :)