ubiquiti Device-update 5.43, now it stays disconnected

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
My Controller just reported that there is an update to 5.43 for my two switches, a US24 and US16-150W and i went ahead and updated the US24 which now stays disconnected from the controller.
It is still working as in, blue light on the front and devices on it are still on the network, so it isn't a "bad flash" in a way.

My Controller was on version 5 at the time of updating, i went ahead and updated it to 6 after the switch wasn't coming back in case there is something that makes the 5 incompatible, butstill nothing.

I also don't seem to be able to ssh into the switch to check things further.

Any ideas what might be going on?

And now all my APs have 5.43 available for them too, like, is it safe to upate?
Couldn't really find anything about issues with 5.43 on the web.

---
I have to admit, i got the US24 for cheap because the owner had issues with 5.43 but that version wasn't on the downloads page so i belived it to be a bad flash on his side.
It did work well on 4.xx, so i have no idea why it isn't connecting to the controller on 5.43.
So that might be a specific issue with the US24 but i don't belive that to be likely.