Turbocharged quanta lb6m 10GB issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Midorica

Oct 17, 2019
Hello,

I am pretty new to the forum but here I am with a wierd problem with my LB6M which was also present with the original firmware.

I am currently unable to set any interface to 10G without running into a speed issue on both sending and receiving files.

By example, if I run the following command via the terminal (speed-duplex 10g-full), the SFP+ transceiver will show as 10G on both end (server & switch) but will run at about 10 mbps or so while trying to download something of out it and about 150 mbps while sending files.

If I set back the interface to 1000-full-master instead, it will run at 1GB perfectly on both download & upload.

Is there something that I've been doing wrong the whole time?

The card that is plugged at the other end is a Intel X710-DA2 with 2 fiber transceiver, it was running perfectly fine while plugged to another X710 but not when plugged to the switch.

If someone know how to fix this, it would greatly be appreciated as I am currently running out of idea.

Quick note: I do not have any VLAN set , I was planning to use it only as a basic switch.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Midorica

Oct 17, 2019
I currently have an update on this, it seems like that all my Oracle/Avago transceivers are causing a LOT of problems with this Quanta switch.

I changed all of them for Intel transceivers and now I am getting over 750 MB/sec over local network between the server and computers that are running fiber.