Trying to "rebrand" an Intel S2600CW from a Kontron server

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
Story as short as possible: sold this board (without the case) that came from a Kontron server, user flashed it with Intel's official firmware but the fan control never worked well. Then decided to be a kind boy and swaped the board for another server I got time ago. Now that I have the board again, I want to flash the BMC etc with the original Kontron's propietary firmware, but the intel's BMC doesn't have the option and the size doesn't match between the intel and the kontron files.

Then the cuestion is: Can someone guide me to flash back all the Kontron's firmware without bricking the board? don't want to have to be messing with desoldering eeproms from the board because a wrong procedure.

Last edited:

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
If the boards are electrically identical, you can overwrite the flash chips with a programmer. Keep in mind that some data might be required to be manually ported over like MAC addresses, GUIDs etc.

nihonjin

Lost in translation
Mar 31, 2021
If the boards are electrically identical, you can overwrite the flash chips with a programmer. Keep in mind that some data might be required to be manually ported over like MAC addresses, GUIDs etc.
It is, but that's just what I want to avoid, specially since they're not socketed