Travla C146 1U Mini-ITX Rackmount Case $35

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Travla C146 - 1U mini-ITX Rack Mount Case - $35

For those of you who use mini-ITX boards and don't need the hotswap capabilities of the TE-1160.

Thanks for the heads up! I just bought one to try to see if it will fit one of those advantech aimb-272 boards that keep popping up on ebay for cheap. Btw, the seller accepted a $20 best offer so it ended up costing about $40 total after shipping.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Thank you, got one for $20 best offer as well, same as TubaMT, looking for a case to fit the advantech board.

Cheddoleum

Feb 19, 2014
Wonder if this would fit a Supermicro A1SRi-2558F
Funny you should mention that: when this was first posted I noticed the side-mounted fans and my first thought was that a some of the newer Supermicro SoC boards, and notably that one, have their components and heatsinks aligned for front-to-back airflow. It shouldn't matter a lot but this case wouldn't take advantage of that optimization.

TubaMT

Jul 26, 2014
Thank you, got one for $20 best offer as well, same as TubaMT, looking for a case to fit the advantech board.
I'm glad you were able to get the $20 best offer as well! Could you let me know if it fits your advantech board when you get around to it? I'm not sure when I'll be able to get around to fitting the board in as I'm moving this week.

Also, I forgot to say that I didn't try anything lower than $20 for the best offer so maybe someone could try even lower!

Kal G

Oct 29, 2014
Funny you should mention that: when this was first posted I noticed the side-mounted fans and my first thought was that a some of the newer Supermicro SoC boards, and notably that one, have their components and heatsinks aligned for front-to-back airflow. It shouldn't matter a lot but this case wouldn't take advantage of that optimization.
I would definitely augment the Supermicro C2XXX boards with a heatsink fan in the Travla 1U cases. The TE-1160s that I use have the same basic layout as the C146. The location of the ram on the C2XXX boards would limit the utility of the exhaust fans next to the motherboard.

It looks as if the heatsink fan on the A1SAM-2750F is the same as the one on the A1SAi-2750F Patrick reviewed. Can anyone confirm?

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
It looks as if the heatsink fan on the A1SAM-2750F is the same as the one on the A1SAi-2750F Patrick reviewed. Can anyone confirm?
@Kal G sorry I missed this. They should be the same although I am not clear as to when one gets an active v. passive heatsink. I get active ones when they are basically lab boards that they repurpose for reviews.