Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $66 NEW

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

2bluesc

Dec 24, 2017
I'm tempted, but the seller with only 3 reviews and not a lot of history scared me away... for now.

If anyone ordered these MG09s, please let us know what receive!

Reactions: nexox

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
I'm tempted, but the seller with only 3 reviews and not a lot of history scared me away... for now.

If anyone ordered these MG09s, please let us know what receive!
That's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on this deal. Also, how loud are the seek noises on the MG09's ? Currently I'm using some Seagate ST6000NM0024, and they're not loud at all. I don't mind a little noise, but don't want to be hearing "CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK" from across the basement.

nabsltd

Jan 26, 2022
Also, how loud are the seek noises on the MG09's ?
I didn't notice any noise outside the case when I was running badblocks on a pair of them. The external enclosure was still in "testing" mode, so the screws weren't in, and any strong seek (or one drive that vibrated on spin) would cause the metal to rattle.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
I just got my single drive in the mail from techyparts. I ordered a "B grade" drive but didn't notice any scratches or anything.

SMART data showed over 35,000 hours runtime (over 4 years). only 19 power on cycles. About 24TB written and 7.5PB read. Also a single short SMART test presumably run by the seller at 35,000. No defects. Currently running badblocks which will take forever and I will report if it turns up problems.

ribroc

ebay hardware hobbyist
Feb 16, 2022
I was able to pick up a few of the $66 MG09's I'll post my experience when I get them in.

EDIT: drives were shipped poorly, in loose bubblewrap. Running badblocks to test them and they came back clean. Date of manufacture was march of 2024, I have no reason to suspect they were anything other than new. Smoking good deal if they survive shipping.

Last edited: