This community is awesome: Thanks!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Styp

Aug 1, 2018
Tldr: Thanks to this fantastic community, my workstation is still air-cooled and runs like a charm.

Currently, I am running a C621-64L with a Noctua tower cooler and struggled to get my two GPU setups running with enough spacing between the cards to cool them properly. The first PCI slot is blocked due to the size of the Noctua tower. After doing some research, I figured out that Venturi was struggling with the same problem back in the day while he was running his dual LGA 3647 setup.
He bent the cooler and moved the tower 1.5cm away from the first slot. He agreed to look for his modified Noctua cooler in the basement and ship it to Europe. He didn't want any money until the setup was set and done - because we both didn't know if it was working as expected. For him, this was just his old cooler; for me, it was the chance to get rid of ear protection while working on my deep-learning models...

I appreciate this community for helping each other; A bunch of nerds helping each other!

Attachments