Think this is a good deal

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
Well way cheaper is maybe a stretch. It's good priced for the features and connectivity provided. As it stand now I will be getting it on Friday, I will post my findings regarding features like link aggregation vlan and the overall ease of use.

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
It's more expensive now. I got it on Saturday(it took around 6 days to get to the Netherlands). Its a relatively heavy switch, well built. It has all the desired features like QOS, LACP, port mirroring, vlan, flow control, loop detrction STP, trunking. The GUI is very rudimentary in has the basics looks like piped to a table in HTML. But for all its basic esthetics all functions are there. I got around 215 to 240MB when transferring files to my nas. Which is virtualized. When linking ports together the number roughly doubles. If you want to see the GUI Nascompares just dropped a video on a 4 port 2x 10GB Sodola that has literally the same GUI(BUT COSTS £ 65). I have gotten to the same conclusion. I'm somewhat knowledgeable on enterprise switches this is not one. It boasts some features that allow you to cluster a bunch of them together. It laks the usefull software that allows you to see it in a slick diagram. Is it a switch for homelabs? Certainly it is. Only time will tell if it is for the long run. As for now I can recommend it as it is in my opinion a good value switch with good performace. And who needs slick software anyway? Hardcore labbers/ network designers do use paper to design after all

Last edited:
Reactions: blakwolf

adman_c

Feb 14, 2016
Chicago
It's more expensive now. I got it on Saturday(it took around 6 days to get to the Netherlands). Its a relatively heavy switch, well built. It has all the desired features like QOS, LACP, port mirroring, vlan, flow control, loop detrction STP, trunking. The GUI is very rudimentary in has the basics looks like piped to a table in HTML. But for all its basic esthetics all functions are there. I got around 215 to 240MB when transferring files to my nas. Which is virtualized. When linking ports together the number roughly doubles. If you want to see the GUI Nascompares just dropped a video on a 4 port 2x 10GB Sodola that has literally the same GUI(BUT COSTS £ 65). I have gotten to the same conclusion. I'm somewhat knowledgeable on enterprise switches this is not one. It boasts some features that allow you to cluster a bunch of them together. It laks the usefull software that allows you to see it in a slick diagram. Is it a switch for homelabs? Certainly it is. Only time will tell if it is for the long run. As for now I can recommend it as it is in my opinion a good value switch with good performace. And who needs slick software anyway? Hardcore labbers/ network designers do use paper to design after all
How much power does it use? I'm interested in something like this as 1) a secondary switch for one of my proxmox HA networks to reside on so that my nodes don't all freak out and restart if I need to take down my core switch for any reason; and 2) to provide a 2.5G to 10G interface for some of my devices that have 2.5G but not 10G. But since I already have an enterprise grade core switch that doesn't exactly sip power, I'm interested in something on the lighter side of power usage.

Last edited:

rookin99

Apr 20, 2024
Around 2 to 4 Watts I haven't got a accurate meter, just a generic 1 that measures global consumption of the strip in total and going of that I deduced this number. Not fully populated though.

Reactions: adman_c