Thanksgiving Day Deals & More

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Import Model w/1-Yr Seller Warranty—See details below So I might buy from a different person or just get a body and buy lenses for it.

The A6300 is a boss. You can also use the full frame g prime and gmaster lenses on it.
I have the G 90mm Macro lens for mine and will be picking up the 24-105mm G Zoom lens that drops on the 30th.
I will be getting rid of the 55-210mm kit lens I got mine with... It' is just not that great... very slow autofocus on that kit lens when the Camera is stupid fast.

Sony Alpha a6300 / 500px You can sort by camera on 500px... clicking the details will tell you what lens they used. I still currently use my 16-50mm compact zoom lens on mine btw. It fits the wide angle niche...though if I redid this particular shot I would use the 90mm macro now.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Good points I didn't realize it was an import/grey market model!

I'm holding out for the a6500 replacement... a6700...?

I'd really like the new full frame a7rIII but just can't justify the cost of it! for what I do, especially since the a6500 video is just as good.

Ah well, gives me time to sell my canon gear :)

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Good points I didn't realize it was an import/grey market model!

I'd really like the new full frame a7rIII but just can't justify the cost of it! for what I do, especially since the a6500 video is just as good.

My friend has the A7RII but still uses his A6300 for macro stuff because it is faster. The A7RIII changes that.
idk... you will end up spending multiples of the body on lenses if doing photography...but if just 4k... slap on the Ziess 55mm and you are golden... or the 35mm if you want 50ish mm after the crop.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Have not followed the development in that are for years...
Are Sony's so much better than Canon nowadays? Or different reasons?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Have not followed the development in that are for years...
Are Sony's so much better than Canon nowadays? Or different reasons?
I haven't had a problem with my Canon's but for Video the A6500 is pretty much best in price range. For pictures at my level (hobby / family) I've never had a problem with any of my Canon DSLR, external flash has made the biggest difference and then obviously lens selection. We're starting to do more videos of the kids, homestead/animals/projects, etc... so video is #1 to me now, especially since getting into $1000+ body only purchases the 'still picture' quality and general functionality will all be > than my current canon or any previous so I'm not too picky on that.

I don't have a very expensive Canon, I think the one I have currently is the T4i which takes great pictures and OK video as long as you're not constantly focusing or trying to record action, etc... then they're great! Family has the 6D which does video MUCH better. I can hear the lens on my T4i when doing video without much background noise and needing to focus a lot.

Like @Patriot said a lot more $$ in lens than a body, but still a $1300 body vs a $3000 body is a huge difference for hobby/home usage for me especially since we're seeing so much innovation in terms of camera tech especially video.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ah yes, I can imagine video is a whole different aspect.

Never went into Full video mode - too picky re quality.
With cell phone video I can at least blame the phone :p

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Ah yes, I can imagine video is a whole different aspect.

Never went into Full video mode - too picky re quality.
With cell phone video I can at least blame the phone :p
A6300, 90mm g Macro, spider is the size of a nickel or smaller.
It's not dew, I didn't get up early enough for that, I misted the hell out of it.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Jeeeez I could use one of these on my vacation this year. Thinking of dropping one of the kids cell phones and picking up one of these. :D "With my Grinch Face".