testing raid controller

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by manfri, Aug 15, 2019.

1. manfri

manfri Member

Any idea about a tool (windows) to test storage validation before putting in production?

What i'm searching is something like Memtest but for disk.

For now the only tools that i've found to stress test is SQLIOSIM.
    From what i've understood not only perform a lot of I/O but also do check the result while testing.

Maybe REFS with checksum enabled can help me?

I'm also thinking a Veeam Repository on REFS and running their backup validation tool.

Any other ideas?

2. chilipepperz

chilipepperz Active Member

3. Deslok

Deslok Well-Known Member

Building an array and bombarding it with 4k random writes using iometer for a few overwrites is a personal favorite

4. manfri

manfri Member

IOmeter is a classic but i do for what i've seen in the doc
    "Iometer does not perform data verification to make sure the data was read/written properly"

So not exactly what i search, a memtest-like stress test (not for testing ALL disk obviously :cool:)))