Teardown photos of Binardat 8 Port 2.5G PoE switch model 2g08-090GPM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MannyLNJ

Mar 19, 2023
I have not seen a teardown of this switch anywhere. Then again I have not seen this switch anywhere except on Amazon. I can't even locate it on Binardat's web page. I purchased it on Amazon's US site for $185.88. According to the ad posting it supports 12KB Jumbo Frames with a 12Mb Packet Buffer and 80G Bandwith with 28.8Mpps Throughput

Porrts 2-8 offer 30W of PoE and Port 1 can supply 90W

I haven't used it yet but here are my photos

Switch in the box not taken out yet -

The manual has multiple languages in it and appears to be for multiple switches because it mentions rack ears and this is not a rack-mountable product

Page 1 and 2 of manual -

Page 2 and 4 of manual

The bottom of the unit has the default user name and password along with certifications and I don't see UL being listed

This is the included power supply also is lacking UL branding but I'm sure you can substitute another power supply

To get inside there are four screws to be removed one is under a quality control sticker.

There are two boards connected to each other.

I wanted to remove this board to see the underside but I was afraid of breaking it

I did put my phone at an angle and took 3 photos going from left to right

If you have any questions ask away.

mattventura

Nov 9, 2022
Is the PoE daughterboard a little off-kilter or is it just me? What's going on with that capacitor? Design/manufacturing seems a little sketchy but if it works, it works.

Reactions: zunder1990

MannyLNJ

Mar 19, 2023
Is the PoE daughterboard a little off-kilter or is it just me? What's going on with that capacitor? Design/manufacturing seems a little sketchy but if it works, it works.
Yes it looks off kilter to me too. I am glad I bought the extended coverage from Amazon

Reactions: Patrick

Madera

Jan 6, 2024
Sorry to revive old post

Hello OP. Question about the switch. Does yours looses all configurations after lost of power? Got one today and as soon i unplug the cable it will go back to factory defaults no matter what i do even going into save configs and everything. Thanks

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Sorry to revive old post

Hello OP. Question about the switch. Does yours looses all configurations after lost of power? Got one today and as soon i unplug the cable it will go back to factory defaults no matter what i do even going into save configs and everything. Thanks
Some of these managed Realtek based switches sold under different brands had buggy firmwares where some people were unable to save the configuration. Make sure you are running the latest firmware. Also make sure if it actually writes the configuration to flash, not just to the running config in RAM. Some of them offer the ability to copy the running config to the startup configuration, in case that isn't what happens by default.

shimian

Dec 19, 2023
Yes it does. Although the Hasivo one was not managed and this one claims it is.
Sorry to bump again. Can you confirm that this was infact managed and can you also see if LACP is an option in the Web UI? They call it out has having LACP.

Also, what software version does it say it has?