TeamViewer alternative

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Walsh

May 8, 2024
Hello, everyone!
I need your help. I've been using Teamviewer for years to assist my parents with all sorts of computer issues. However, the free version comes with limitations, so I'm currently looking for an alternative. I've heard good things about AnyDesk but haven't had a chance to test it out myself.
Any other suggestions for Windows 10? I'd appreciate any insights you can share!

sko

Jun 11, 2021
Apache Guacamole is what I'd use today: Apache Guacamole™

However, when we had to choose a solution a few years ago Anydesk was the most viable (and only GDPR-conformant) solution. Works quite well and has prebuilt binaries also for FreeBSD as well as some Linux distributions. These lag (quite far...) behind the Windows binary versions, but at least they are there if that's of any concern to you.

slidermike

May 7, 2023
Dunno if you watch the "awesome open source" YouTube channel or not but he likes rustdesk as noted by rtech.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Install something like tailscale/zerotier/netbird to connect the machines, and just use the built-in remote desktop, job done :)

Last edited: