SwitchOS Lite - Any good?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

VirtualBacon

Aug 21, 2017
I am looking for a small switch that has 10Gb SFP+ and PoE+ Ports for my shed, and I came across the CSS610-8P-2S+IN

Its listed as just having SwitchOS Lite. I know a lot of people didn't like SwitchOS a few years ago. Have things changed?

Will I regret getting this switch? Nothing crazy config wise, pretty much just VLAN trunk and access port configs

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
but that was just switchos, idk what lite version is. and also on 309 that thing didn't manage to even lift up 4 transceivers, most of them low-power AOCs. idk why. i threw it back into storage and never touched again, moved onto ruckus 7150 series afterwards.

nexox

May 3, 2023
SwitchOS worked fine for basic VLANs and LAG on my CSS610 until I replaced it to get more sfp+ ports. My only other reference point for web-configured L2 switches are various generations of Netgear which were all far more annoying to configure than the Mikrotik.