Sweet home lab server with 32gb of RAM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
NICE!

I have 5 of these with the v1 chips and less RAM, never used, got prior to the multinodes and for a lot less obviosuly with 2 or 4gb RAM :) Mine will be for sale soon with v1 chips at half their price but way less RAM these are a great deal with that much ECC UDIMMS.

Reactions: coolrunnings82

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
iLO is like IPMI but it's important to note that there are different licensing levels. This server only has a standard license so it will only allow virtual KVM until an OS boots and will not allow the use of virtual media. It's really only meant for remote reboots and to have access for BIOS prompts and messages. See the attached image for more details on the various levels.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi.

To bad it is US only shipping :(
Have you considered using a 3rd party shipping provider like 'shipito'?

I'm in Australia and very handy to buy stuff from USA, great shipping rates. Can consolidate multiple items or send multiple packages at once and get further discount. Especially if you sign up for their Nevada warehouse and get six months storage, other locations have 90 day storage available.

Shipito Locations: Oregon, California & Nevada | USA Address & Mail Forwarding - Shipito.com

For a few dollars I get them to 'double box' (put original box in a larger box) and ask for padding in-between, fantastic for sensitive electronic stuff as couriers can be rough (esp. USPS). Can put security tape and 'fragile' stickers for few extra bucks too.

Doesn't work for some sites such as Newegg or where they ask for PayPal verified addresses.

EBay freight charges can be overpriced. Great alternative.

I hope this helps :)