Surfraid Triton SAS Raid System

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
From a local store, I acquired two sas enclosures similar to this:
Build-To-Order: SurfRAID TRITON 12-Bay 6Gbit SAS RAID System

They work as expected and disks show up on the main system when I use a SAS HBA. My system had SFF 8644 based connection instead of sff8088. I then looked into the controller card and it says ARC8018. Somewhere on internet I saw they are being referrred as 12Gb/s but it is very hard to find information on this system.

Does anyone have heard/ had experience with these systems?

Last edited:

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
they are the quietest enterprise class sas enclosure I encountered. You can actually configure the fan speed.

warlord1312

Sep 17, 2015
Can you compare it to any other equipment as an example? Any things to watch out for with them? Were you able to track down any firmware updates for them?

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
I am a home user with a rack in the garage and this sas enclosure is probably more than what I need. In comparison to other systems, netapp or dell, I don't see a big difference other than the sophisticated control plane. I didn't try and see the need for firmware update.

The only problem for me is that all fan/link/alarm configuration seems to be reset after power cycle.