Supermicro X9SCM-IIF compatible with Supermicro 200W PSU?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ecleese

Apr 5, 2011
I missed Supermicro technical support by about 10 minutes tonight and really need to find out if these parts are compatible so I thought I'd ask here.

I ordered the following Supermicro motherboard and chassis/psu as a very barebones server. When starting to build it tonight I noticed the included power supply has a 20pin main connector while the motherboard has a 24pin connection.

I based this build off of a Supermicro combo unit I linked below which contains a slightly different board/chassis/psu but are in the same class/range.

The motherboard for this combo is a X9SCL-F which also contains a 24pin power input.

The chassis for this combo is: CSE-510L-200B

The PSU for this combo is a PWS-202-1H which is also a 20pin PSU.

I was curious if anyone knows whether the included PSU for this combo is actually a different PSU than Supermicro has labeled on their website and it does in fact have a 24pin connection. If not, is it not required for this line of motherboards?

Thanks in advance.

supermacro

Aug 31, 2012
It's fine. I've done thousands with X9SCM-F, X9SCL-F, X9SCL-+F & X9SCM-iiF with cheap SC512L-200B (this actually has 24 pin & 8 pin) and not one came back :)

The board will work fine with 20 pin + 4 pin.

ecleese

Apr 5, 2011
Awesome supermacro, thank you! I just wanted to be sure before powering up. Voltages are looking good in IPMI so I'm moving on. :)

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
It's fine. I've done thousands with X9SCM-F, X9SCL-F, X9SCL-+F & X9SCM-iiF with cheap SC512L-200B (this actually has 24 pin & 8 pin) and not one came back :)

The board will work fine with 20 pin + 4 pin.
I actually think that is a super popular configuration. I have seen racks and racks at many DCs at this point.