SuperMicro x9drd-7ln4f-jbod Rev 1.02 @ $142

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I wonder if any of the other purchasers of this SM board will experience the same issues. Any advice will be greatly appreciated...
Super strange! Are you sure the cpus aren't fakes? There's A LOT of fakes out there. :(

RedX1

Aug 11, 2017

Hi

Thank you for highlighting that you have not had any problems with E5 v2 processors on this motherboard.

I know that I was possibly doing something wrong with my installation, but I have lots of SM experience and have never seen this behaviour before.

The two E5-2637v2 CPU’s are currently running in a X9DRFF kludge setup that is going to be used for a while.

When I get a little more time I will revisit this and and report back.

Thanks for all your help.

RedX1

matthew5025

Mar 21, 2016
This is one of the SM X9 motherboards which will not soft-start when Win 10 is installed. It needs to be completely powered down in order to boot into Win 10. This is a pain, more-so with the frequent Win 10 update cycle, as it need to be completely powered down in the middle of the update and that causes some consternation. I have a X9DRI-F and some other X9 boards with the same behaviour.
Have you tried this fix?
FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

RedX1

Aug 11, 2017
Hi

Yes, I have tried that, ME Driver fix on some of my X9 boards, particularly with my X9DRI-F when Win 10 was relatively new.

I found that it did not survive the frequent Win updates, but I have not tried it lately, I suppose I learned to live with it as a problem.

Interestingly only some of the MS updates require a reboot most now install without issues.

Thanks again for reminding me.

RedX1

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I forgot that you have a video card in your setup--have you tried to do the installs without the card? It could be a UEFI related issue since some video cards are finicky about that.

Reactions: techtoys