Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F+ UEFI shell unusable...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
When I get into the UEFI shell, it never clears the screen and the output scrolls beyond the bottom of the monitor and I can't read anything. If I do 'cls', the prompt goes to the top of the screen, but the screen doesn't clear and all the previous text is just being overwritten. I was planning on doing a BIOS / firmware update, but I'm afraid to make a mistake since the text output is very hard to read. I haven't seen this before on other X9 motherboards. Anyone seen this? Know of a remedy?

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
found a way around it... booted to FreeDOS and reflashed the BIOS. It was the same version, but for whatever reason, after the re-flash of the BIOS, the UEFI shell, still behaving a little strange, at least became usable again. It seems to detect a very odd screen resolution and only uses like 70% of the middle of the screen space, but it is at least clearing the screen and I can read the text. very odd....