Supermicro X9DR7-LN4F+ rev 1.00 IvyBridge support?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I just picked up a pair of SMC X9DR7-LN4F+ rev 1.00 motherboards. I haven't tested them yet as I won't have the time until weekend. But from this thread:

https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...-rev-1-10-dual-socket-lga-2011-r.14906/page-3

The X9DRi-LN4F+ board did not support IvyBridge until Rev 1.20 or something like that. I'm wondering if anyone here knows for certain if the X9DR7-LN4F+ will have the same issue with rev 1.00? Or, did perhaps this board get released late enough that it supports IvyBridge even at Rev 1.00? Would like to hear anyone who has actually used this board with IvyBridge CPUs and recalls whether or not you had issues with it...

Please don't say "contact Supermicro support" ... over the last 2 yrs I've had no success getting anyone at Supermicro to answer this question with any confidence (just recall my discussions in other threads).

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
well, to answer my own question... i've confirmed that rev 1.00 on the X9DR7-LN4F+ does NOT support Ivy-Bridge v2 CPUs. I've just submitted RMA request to Supermicro for the "ECO rework to support Ivy Bridge CPU".