Supermicro X8DTH-6F GPU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JoeyLovesTrains

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, Massachusetts
I just bought a bunch of new hardware including dual Xeon X5670's and 32GB of Ram (although it's only detecting 24, but that another story), I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and tried out some streaming with OBS. Only to realize that OBS on Windows 7 with my motherboards chipset graphics isn't compatible (It worked on Linux though which is a little strange). I already planned on getting an MSI RX560 low profile 4GB card, but when I was finished installing all the drivers and MSI afterburner, the GPU wouldn't display anything. Even with the GPU installed, and it showing up in device manager, only the onboard VGA port would output video. It worked the same way it did before, but now there's an RX560 in device manager. I'm not sure how to change the Graphics setting on the motherboard, so I came here for some help. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking that it could be an issue with Windows 7 not being compatible with DirectX 12 (I'm a little doubtful about that)

JoeyLovesTrains

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Update, I figured it out on my own;
In the Bios "advanced" section, the PCI/PnP settings has a VGA priority (May be worded differently), which you can set to "Onboard," "Offboard," or "PCIe Slot 7" (For my motherboard it said PCIe Slot 6, however after a reboot and keeping the RX560 in slot 7 it still worked (idk how, but it's working, so I'm not gonna complain)