Supermicro X10QBi NVMe speeds (Solved)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

haydin

Sep 17, 2021
Hi there,

I got an X10QBI too but during transportation some capacitors at the back fall off in to the box. I want to solder them back but supermicro is not helping.

Is there anyone who can help me with rhis?

Just a photo of the backside should be enough for me to see which caps go to which solder pad.

Anyone willing to help?

Thanks in advance.

Hakan

cbanakis

Dec 15, 2022
Hopefully someone on this thread can help.

The original issue was that NVMe was WORKING slow, so...

I have this same X10QBI, and I'm struggling to get NVMe working at all. I'd love for it to work slowly at this point.

Nothing in BIOS seems to recognize the existence of the drive.

But Multiple Windows and Linux installers see it, and install fine on it.

But then reboot to actually use the newly installed OS and it's gone.

I looked through and experimented with just about everything in BIOS, and still haven't had any luck.

Is there a setting I'm not seeing or some kind of trick to get this to work?

Thanks

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
looked through and experimented with just about everything in BIOS, and still haven't had any luck.
which drive? in slot ?
you may have to select the NVMe Firmware source to "AMI native" (not Vendor defined)

cbanakis

Dec 15, 2022
which drive? in slot ?

you may have to select the NVMe Firmware source to "AMI native" (not Vendor defined)
Hi, and thanks.

I have it in slot-1 but didn't think to try different slots till now, so I'll try that tomorrow.

I'm not seeing anything to set the NVMe Firmware to anything though. And no mention of AMI Native anywhere.

These are options within the BIOS?

Thanks again.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I'm not seeing anything to set the NVMe Firmware to anything though. And no mention of AMI Native anywhere.

These are options within the BIOS?
yes. maybe your BIOS lacks NVME support. in this case only a OS with NVMe support(driver) can see NVMe drives.

cbanakis

Dec 15, 2022
yes. maybe your BIOS lacks NVME support. in this case only a OS with NVMe support(driver) can see NVMe drives.
Thanks. I'll look into BIOS updates. I imagine there's an update that fixes it, since it works for other people with the same board. I was just thinking there was an option somewhere that I was missing since I didn't know exactly what I was looking for.