Supermicro X10 (and possibly other board) Linux fan management

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ipilcher

Mar 29, 2021
I'm not really sure which sub-forum is best for this, but it's Linux, so here goes ...

If you run Linux on a Supermicro X10 (or similar) board, and you're less than thrilled with the way that the BMC manages the fan speeds, check this out.

Reactions: Marsh

Wilhelm

Aug 1, 2019
Thanks very much for this. Was wondering if you know how to get it to work in Proxmox/Debian? I got stuck and also tried to run in a Fedora LXC, but then had trouble working out all the devices I needed to pass through for ipmi-sensors to work.

ipilcher

Mar 29, 2021
Thanks very much for this. Was wondering if you know how to get it to work in Proxmox/Debian? I got stuck and also tried to run in a Fedora LXC, but then had trouble working out all the devices I needed to pass through for ipmi-sensors to work.
I don't have any experience with Debian-based distributions, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. That said, what issue/error did you encounter when you tried to run it on the "bare metal" (not in the Fedora LXC)?

You might try asking for help on a Proxmox or Debian forum. There isn't anything distro-specific about the software, so I would expect it to be pretty straightforward to get it running on those distros.