Supermicro Server not reconizing the PCI card

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jbolich

Mar 1, 2021
I have some older Supermicro multinode servers that use the X8DTT-HF+ motherboard. I have a total of 4 of them and recently adding 10G network cards to them. for 3 of them no issue, but the one is giving me trouble. the network card does power up (get activity light when plugged into switch) but is not recognized. I confirmed that all the bios settings are the same and they all have identical hardware (memory and cpu) installed.
I thought it might be an issue with the motherboard as this one didn't reconize all the ram. So I replaced with another one. the only thing that transferred between the two motherboards were the CPU's & hard drives. I get the same thing with the new motherboard. I know its not card, I had it working in one of the other nodes.

Could it be something with the slot the node is in? I'm running proxmox on the system, could it just be something with the install?

Any suggestions? I am at a loss at this point.

Thank you