Supermicro Repon 2U complete rail set $60 OBO + FS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Cipher

Aug 8, 2014
Any idea if these will work with all SC216 and SC846 units or are only certain models supported?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
They work, now do they pull out "extra far" like most want with 846?... that's the real question :)

Nothing like installing a set to find out one side is 1" or however too short ha, ha.

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX

Hope this clears up some questions. The chassis pulled out is SC216 rails were included from liquid8
The empty rail pulled out is the one I got / linked above.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

formgen

Feb 27, 2017
Is this the complete kit with inner and outer rails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

formgen

Feb 27, 2017

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
No. Take a look at the description in the you provided. it only extends upto 26" (short depth racks).
I think SM equivalent part# is ....53.. for deeper rack similar to the ones I linked in my OP. This listing is OEM rails. Please search the posts here for SM rail. They were discussed before.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I almost bought a set of these but thanks to the picture posted up by nthu9280 it saved me $$ as I already have the short version.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
@PnoT
The rails I linked in my OP are the full depth ones similar to the SM ...53.. and are a complete (inner +outer) rail set. The customer service was great from the seller.

Reactions: PnoT

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
ah, ok I thought the link that was quoted was the same as yours... n/m thanks for clearing things up and I'll order a couple of sets.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
ah, ok I thought the link that was quoted was the same as yours... n/m thanks for clearing things up and I'll order a couple of sets.
@PnoT - np. I think my shorter responses from my phone was adding to confusion. And @formgen didn't help :)

In my PIC, I was trying to show that these rails are similar to the ones on my 216 that these rails extend out fully.

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I'll have to compare that to a few of my servers in the rack but it looks like those are the good ones that pull out far enough. Thank you for taking the time to send me a picture of it.

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
Are we talking about saving of $12 over brand new complete set from supermicro store ?
I've seen this "deal" before on a rails and was wondering where the deal is ?

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Are we talking about saving of $12 over brand new complete set from supermicro store ?
I've seen this "deal" before on a rails and was wondering where the deal is ?
The seller accepted $45 with FS for one set of rails. So it's about $27 vs SM. Not sure if shipping is included or additional from SM.

May not be a smoking hot deal but still a decent savings. If it's not for you, just ignore it :).

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I just pulled a SM846 out of my rack (full pull rails - as I call them) and took a picture, they look identical to the picture above in regard to how far it went out.

There are some that go out all the way but the back edge can't come 'up' to get it off, and then there are others that clearly are not long enough, and then, I believe these that are the correct "Full Pull".

Black Ninja

Apr 23, 2015
The seller accepted $45 with FS for one set of rails. So it's about $27 vs SM. Not sure if shipping is included or additional from SM.

May not be a smoking hot deal but still a decent savings. If it's not for you, just ignore it :).

He might accept it now but if interest gets higher or any other reason he might decide not go accept.

I still wouldn't go for it, because I like to buy the things brand new unless the proce is crazy to pass , like 2-5 times lower, but Hey I am not saying I don't appreciate you imput :)

I am checking this section - great deals daily for a deals and thank everyone who participated, even if I don't for a particular deal.

formgen

Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for posting this, I offered $45 and he accepted. My 2u server comes completely out of the rack with this rail kit and allow complete access to inside of server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk