Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 Password

Discussion in 'Processors and Motherboards' started by noacess, Feb 12, 2020.

1. noacess

noacess New Member

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a new CSE-PTJBOD-CB3 to replace a CB2 that I had in my JBOD. The issue I'm having is while I can get to the web interface, I can't login. I've tried ADMIN/ADMIN and admin/admin but neither work. I've also tried holding down the reset button the the JBOD for 10 seconds to reset it, but that hasn't helped either. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

2. pcmoore

pcmoore Active Member

It looks like the default is ADMIN/ADMIN, but you may not have fully reset the board. The instruction below were taken from FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc..

For 846BE2C-R1K03JBOD, it’s JBOD control board (CSE-PTJBOD-CB3) allows the user to remotely control and monitor the chassis resources using IPMI. If you direct connect a network cable to JBOD board(CSE-PTJBOD-CB3) at first connection, it may cause the IPMI gateway IP is an error. The solution is,
    1. need to connect DHCP switch first to get the correct gateway IP then reset the JBOD system by pressing UID to reset button for more 6 sec.
    If still fail to connect with default IP:192.168.1.99, you need to recover with followings steps.
    Connect the JBOD IPMI port to a switch that connected to DHCP server.
    2. Press reset button for more than >12 seconds until the blue UID is solid on.
    3. Wait for the LAN port is back after brief fan spin down.
    4. Press the reset button for more than >6 seconds until the blue UID LED blinking.
    5. Wait for the LAN port to be back after brief fan spin down then wait for 5 mins.
    6. Now, either connect your host directly to JBOD IPMI port or connect the host to the same switch and you should be able to ping and access to the default IPMI IP 192.168.1.99. (ADMIN/ADMIN)​

dawsonkm likes this.
  3. noacess

noacess New Member

I just wanted to post a quick update as I finally got this resolved. Doing the reset unfortunately didn't help. I ended up contacting supermicro and they no longer program these boards to have ADMIN/ADMIN as the the default credentials. The user is still ADMIN but the password is printed on a tiny sticker on the board itself. I wish their documentation would have mentioned that since it would have saved me a bunch of trouble.

Thanks for the help!