Supermicro CSE-836

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Yaboijersh

May 6, 2020
New to the fourm and I tried searching for this as well before posting. I just bought this case and I'm looking for the caddys for the drive bays. I was linked these by a friend and was wondering if they would work or if there is an exacct model that works with this case. If you know of an exaxt model that would work please let me know. Thanks Again.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293554574093

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Those will work but that is quite a rich price. You should expect to pay $2-3 each for them, shipped. Might take a bit of searching to get to that price.

Try a simple ebay search for "Supermicro 3.5" drive tray" or "Supermicro 3.5" drive caddy". They haven't changed their design too much over the years and are pretty universal across their product line.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Adding to what @PigLover said above.
Most of the 3.5 trays are interchangeable with 826, 825, 813, 836, 846, and 847 chassis. However, the trays for 743 / 745 and couple of others are not interchangeable. You can tell the difference from the pictures. They are thicker aluminium with a sliding slot on the sides. Another thing you want to keep an eye is that some don't have LEDs. Look for "Supermicro 3.5 lot" in the search.
If you don't find them at a good price, get a few to get you going and setup search alerts.