Supermicro at Risk of Delisting from the NASDAQ

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Huh - not surprised about their sloppy accounting. When I worked for $prev->job we were a SuperMicro shop, and I remembered my boss (The CIO) being particularly aggressive leaning on their sales guy for free shipping and evaluation machines. I remembered telling my boss that they were either really generous, or their bean-counters are not doing their job reining these things in. Well, guess all that mark-to-shipping finally caught up with them.

Oh, and P.S: They make some decent no-frills boxes, but some of those hardware are real stinkers, like the 5086B-TRF.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I've followed this story for some time.. i believe it's been over a year since the accounting audit began. shoot, if you do a search on supermicro account problems, there were issues going back to 2015 with delayed 10-K filings! even the current SEC deadline was an extension of the previous deadline. it just seems strange that they can't get this issue fixed; this sounds like a problem you could brute force with more people to comb through the records, no?

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I've followed this story for some time.. i believe it's been over a year since the accounting audit began. shoot, if you do a search on supermicro account problems, there were issues going back to 2015 with delayed 10-K filings! even the current SEC deadline was an extension of the previous deadline. it just seems strange that they can't get this issue fixed; this sounds like a problem you could brute force with more people to comb through the records, no?
I would think so but some problems it's better to have the same answer even if it's years later... is this one of those cases?