Supermicro and RMA's

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RobertFontaine

Dec 17, 2015
Winterpeg, Canuckistan
Is it just me. I've been waiting on an RMA repair on my X9 board for about 3 months now and their call center replies with real soon now every week but never actually delivers.

I actually find it a bit bizarre that they would spend time and money to repair rather than replace the board (but maybe they have no more spares for the x9-drg.) On the other hand if a board is repairable how can it take 3 months to fix it?

I haven't received a straight answer from their help desk and suspect strongly that I am being read a script by a minimum wage tier 1 help desk with average handle times of under a minute.

Is this normal if you don't have a service contract? I'm used to having an SLA where the replacement part is in my hands in 48 hours and the billing catches up later.

Should I just suck it up or should I be annoyed at this point. I'm pissed but unsure whether a board under warranty with no SLA is generally treated like this.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Not normal. I do not have a service agreement and have always had timely returns and good support from them.

JSchuricht

Apr 4, 2011
It's always been quick for me too. Perhaps try emailing them, it might end up on a different persons desk and get you a better answer.

britinpdx

Feb 8, 2013
Portland OR
I've had boards repaired both in and out of warranty, the response time is about the same. 3 months is excessive, I usually get returns in 4~6 weeks, but I do send emails on a regular cadence asking for updates.