Supermicro 826, X10SRW, 256GB DDR4 - $160 + Shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
If anyone is looking for SC-826, I think this is a good deal. I'd think the Mobo & RAM itself would be about that. 3 available at the time of post. Seller sent me an offer for 145 + shipping just because I saved it. Couple of things to keep in mind this appears to be a SAS3 Expander back plane and No trays are listed. The rear 2x2.5 drive carrier is included but also no trays. I did not ask the seller if trays are included. I did not pull the trigger as I'm trying to thin my heard.

Link

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Keep in mind the orientation of the pci bays in the back. They are horizontal so only certain motherboards with a riser in the correct position will work in the chassis.

Great seller.

Reactions: Samir

FlorianZ

Dec 10, 2019
Judging from the photos, PSUs included are the 920P-SQ. In combination with 8x32GB RDIMMs and rear 2.5" bays I agree this is a good deal if you have use for everything that's included. Too bad shipping is kind of pricey.

Reactions: Samir

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Keep in mind the orientation of the pci bays in the back. They are horizontal so only certain motherboards with a riser in the correct position will work in the chassis.

Great seller.
Agree. While it's additional expense, there is an option to reconfigure the rear window - MCP-240-82608-0N which is compatible with B chassis with rear 2.5 assembly.

Reactions: Samir and Markess

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California

Great seller.
Yeah, there's not a lot of boards that will work with a WIO chassis, other than a Supermicro WIO Board. They sell replacement rear windows for 7 'regular" low profile slots...but that kind of ruins the value. (Edit: @nthu9280 beat me to it on this)

IME, this seller often uses photos made from a single unit in a batch, and then sells the batch without looking too close at the other units. So, sometimes what you get isn't exactly what's pictured. This has happened to me twice, and in both cases someone was on the phone with me right away to make it right. Excellent customer service that way.

P.S. ...Does kinda looks like an Expander Backplane in there for sure. That's worth a chunk all by itself ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: itronin and Samir

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
P.S. ...Does kinda looks like an Expander Backplane in there for sure. That's worth a chunk all by itself ;)
LOL - Kinda? hahahah BPN-SAS3-826EL1 however see note below.

Yeah definitely a deal as long as WIO works for you. Price of components is 2x+ what's being asked and $65USD for s/h is IMO reasonable!

factor in about $3-$7USD per LFF disk tray (12) and maybe $4-$5USD for SFF disk tray (2)

Note as @Markess says you also don't always know what exactly you will get from this seller, yeah you'll get the server, maybe some trays maybe not. maybe some add in cards, maybe not. Historically if you don't get the minimum they listed they'll make it right with you.

nice deal!

Reactions: Markess

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Yeah, there's not a lot of boards that will work with a WIO chassis, other than a Supermicro WIO Board. They sell replacement rear windows for 7 'regular" low profile slots...but that kind of ruins the value. (Edit: @nthu9280 beat me to it on this)

IME, this seller often uses photos made from a single unit in a batch, and then sells the batch without looking too close at the other units. So, sometimes what you get isn't exactly what's pictured. This has happened to me twice, and in both cases someone was on the phone with me right away to make it right. Excellent customer service that way.

I've purchased from minos multiple times, and have had a similar experience. In that, they use one unit and don't inspect others super closely. But they've made it right. I bought two 826 chassis that I expected both to have a SAS3 expander backplane, one came with SAS2. They refunded me for the average cost of a SAS3 backplane.

As for a more positive experience, I received two units from them today, CSE-216, that were both pretty much perfect. Identical machines. 24 bay /w 256GB RAM and dual CPUs, SQ power supplies, and cabled up ready to go for an HBA.

Reactions: Markess and itronin

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Actually having an issue with one of the systems I bought (that I mentioned above) - going to reach out and see what they can do. Unfortunately I already threw the boxes away, but this would've been caught if they actually tested the systems which is something I don't think they do consistently. They can be unresponsive sometimes (I doubt intentionally) and then all of a sudden be responsive so we'll see.