Supermicro 2011R3 10GB onboard - $144

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by cheezehead, Jan 6, 2020.

1. cheezehead

cheezehead Active Member

Samir likes this.
  2. Propaganda

Propaganda Member

Lists ddr3 and v3 and v4 chips? Do they all have ddr3 compatible controllers?

Samir likes this.
  3. BlueFox

BlueFox Well-Known Member

Bert, techtoys, T_Minus and 4 others like this.
  4. BeTeP

BeTeP Active Member

There were like 3 or 4 custom v3 SKUs that Intel made for specific customers which did support DDR3. So it is possible to make such a board. But I doubt this is one.

I do not know how exactly the -B-TW008 variant is different from the retail X10DRD-LTP (which certainly uses DDR4). All I see is some cost cutting changes - less SATA ports, single vs dual SFP+, etc.

So I think the seller is mistaken about DDR3.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    techtoys and Samir like this.
  5. cheezehead

cheezehead Active Member

Thanks, kinda figured it was of similar nature. Overall pricing not bad if it's the right fit.

I agree, it's a de-featured variant. Looks like from scale-out compute clusters.

6. Navy_BOFH

Navy_BOFH Member

I am very tempted to grab a few of these for a VMware lab/home lab. Pair these with a good 10GbE switch and SAN and I should have a solid setup I think... but I am wondering if that single 10GbE interface will be a bottleneck enough...

7. Bert

Bert Member

These esosinc guys are great. You can also reach their sales directly and save more! I bought a supermicro 6027tr-dtrf for a very good price after talking their sales team directly but I was shipped with a different server supermicro 6027tr-htrf+ by mistake. They sent me the original equipment without any hassle and let me kept the server that was sent by mistake so I don't have to go through the hassle of returning. Yet, I need to get rid of that server since I have no space/usage.

I would strongly recommend talking their sales team. Awesome guys and amazingly low prices!

BackupProphet and Navy_BOFH like this.
  8. BeTeP

BeTeP Active Member

I bought a lot of HP gear from esisoinc over the years - and I have nothing but great things to say about them. All items arrived quickly and professionally packed which very important (and somewhat rare) for bulky and heavy stuff like servers.

But a few times when I tried to negotiate the price down a bit - they did not budge at all. So YMMV.

As for this deal I think the listing for the barebone (with chassis and PSU included) system is a better deal. I would double check if it comes with the PCIe raiser (not in any pictures) though.

Navy_BOFH likes this.