Suggestion: Section for networking like "DIY Server Builds"

Discussion in 'STH Suggestions and Updates' started by Terry Kennedy, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Terry Kennedy

Terry Kennedy Well-Known Member

What do you think about networking / wiring closet posts discussing builds that users did? This would be like the "DIY Server Builds", but doesn't need its own forum. It could be added to the DIY forum section (adding "and Networking" to the section title) or it could be threads in the Networking section. The idea is to have a little more formality than we see in the General Chat "Hardware pron" thread, and allow discussions about each build to happen in its own thread, as we do now for server builds. It should probably be limited to builds that users here did themselves (or were the designer / team lead on if for work projects), otherwise it won't be much different from either "Hardware pron" here or many areas on Reddit.

2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the DIY forum works if that is what you are proposing. I assume this means you have something to show :)

3. Terry Kennedy

Sounds good to me.
    Nothing earth-shattering. I just realized I never posted pictures of the completed build, just "work in progress" with cables draped a couple of years ago.

4. Terry Kennedy

Here's a "teaser" picture of the network part of my home server racks. I'll post a full write-up to the DIY section within a few days - just getting the material organized for a larger post on my site first.

[​IMG]

Evan, nthu9280, Patrick and 1 other person like this.
  5. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

@Terry Kennedy very cool!!!

I was actually thinking of doing some P2P 100GbE work on the main site/ DIY forums.

6. nthu9280

nthu9280 Well-Known Member

This is your home network?
    [emoji33][emoji857]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7. Terry Kennedy

Part of it :D. Stay tuned for my full post in a few days - I didn't mean to start a discussion thread here.