Suggestion for a low power 1U micro-itx board like the A2SDi-H-TP4F board

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hagak

Oct 22, 2012
So I am looking to upgrade my system in an old SUPERMICRO SuperChassis CSE-510-200B Black 1U Rackmount Server Case I have so would like to get a motherboard/cpu combo to fit in this chassis if possible. Currently this chassis has a SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O LGA 1155 Intel C204 Micro ATX Intel Xeon E3 Server Motherboard with a Sandy bridge Core i3-2120T CPU.

I plan to add this machine as a worker node to my k3s cluster, I would like for it to be able to mange frigate workloads so it would need to be able to have a Coral board via mini-pcie (adapter board can be used). Also some level of HW transcoding support for ffmpeg (nothing super highend but some support needed).

I also require 10Gb either via SFP+ or ethernet, however prefer SFP+. Also lower power the better, dont want to try and cool a 250W cpu in that tiny chassis.

In my searching the Supermicro board A2SDi-H-TP4F meets my requirements but the thing is from 2017, was hoping to find something a bit newer.

If I should abandon that chassis to get better options I will, however it still needs to be 1U (can be deeper). Running out of space in my 28U rack.

hagak

Oct 22, 2012
Ok no traffic yet on this.

Starting to look at using an MS-01 instead, maybe i can come up with a way to rack mount it or two into 2U slot. Bit bigger then 1U but 1U sizes does require a ton of compromises. The MS-01 would also be a bit more power hungry.