Sudden and Random restarts on B650D4U-2L2T/BCM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sadamahan

May 18, 2022
My motherboard is experiencing sudden and random restarts. Proxmox 8 logs do not show any traces of problems in the OS at the time of the restart.

In the IPMI Web UI event log, there are no assertions indicating thermal issues. All sensors are showing good.

The chassis has plenty of airflow with a dedicated fan blowing air in the direction of the Broadcom 10Gbps LAN controller heatsink and the AMD B650 heatsink from the rear of the chassis. I opened the chassis and touched the two heatsinks to confirm that they are not hot.

I took the CPU out from the socket and carefully inspected and determined there are no bent pins.

Anybody experience stability issues with this mobo?

Last edited:

Advin

Jun 10, 2023
I've seen a ton of people with "random" issues on the B650D4U, and personally I've had similar problems on certain AM5 server systems with Proxmox where I would get random reboots with nothing in the logs indicating any issues. I would try reseating the memory, clearing CMOS, and seeing if that could fix the problem. Power supply swap and updating the BIOS could also help sometimes.

If the motherboard was purchased recently and if none of the above fixed the problem, I would try getting a replacement board and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Reactions: sadamahan

sadamahan

May 18, 2022
Turns out the cause for the reboot had nothing to do with the motherboard, but misconfigurations in Proxmox. I got the same board again and happy with it.