STH Q4 2019 Update A Letter from the Editor

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dawg10

Associate
Dec 24, 2016
"One of the sites that does regular server reviews shows very little in terms of testing, yet gives almost everything an award. That award system vendors are charged to use."

Isn't pay-for-play the same as fake news? Not unlike offering white-powder inducements to have your latest single climb the charts.

If it's unethical and not tolerated in the music business then it's unethical everywhere. Out the bastards and lets get on with it.

Reactions: Patrick

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
It doesn't look like you are in Google News which can bring nice additional traffic to a site. I see similar tech reviews in my Google News feed occasionally so I think this would bring you additional traffic.

You do have to jump through some hoops to get approved and follow some rules about what can be in Google News. Yoast has a Google News Sitemap addon plugin that will generate the sitemap and restrict the news eligible posts to a specific category.

See link below to get started and about applying, I am sure this site would be approved.
Submit your website for inclusion - Publisher Center Help

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
"I always worry that this type of article is the least exciting."

This is the opposite for me. I feel this letter is most exciting because it highlights your integrity in doing reviews.

As a new user to this site I find it exponentially better than tomshardware, anandtech, arstechnica, slashdot, digg, hardocp and reddit. The forum is just an additional major bonus on top of the articles.

Cheers, Happy Holidays, and looking forward to 2020 and beyond.