STH Colocation Number 2 Build Log

Discussion in 'DIY Server and Workstation Builds' started by Patrick, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Those tests were local on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS base OS actually. I do use virtio on Proxmox machines.

@TechIsCool Yes - that is exactly it. Very high/ dark ceilings though so basically no light bouncing from up there.

2. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

So today I finally went back to the SVL colo facility for the first time in 7+ months.

I removed one of the Xeon D boxes that did not have enough cooling. It has been off for 6.5 months. Cool to see the idea of building so it does not need immediate attention in the event of a hardware failure. Over 6 months certainly fits that description.

For those wondering, I tried a mITX Xeon D box with only the active cooler in a 1U. That did not work well (at all).

wsuff likes this.