Source for high quality PCI-e riser cables?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

c3l3x

May 1, 2020
risers.png

I've had some of the cheap riser cables in the past (gray with the blue Kapton tape). They have a high failure rate where they solder the wires to the connector. It often is a poor solder. Just the flexing of the cable is enough for them to come undone, so I hate using them.

I've seen some robust ones (like above left) with better materials and strengthening around the cable/connector connection. I only see them for x16, but I need some that are x8 to x8 or x8 to x16. Anyone know of a seller of strong ones like that by in one of these sizes?

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
look for Li-heat as a brand. many lengths, high quality. using them with 1080ti and 2080ti cards for folding@home

type A and type B cabkes are just mirrored cables,

look also for this, i am using them, too. for my 4 rigs of F@H

this is just example. on ebay for about 3 to 6 euro

c3l3x

May 1, 2020
look for Li-heat as a brand. many lengths, high quality. using them with 1080ti and 2080ti cards for folding@home

type A and type B cabkes are just mirrored cables,

look also for this, i am using them, too. for my 4 rigs of F@H
This is perfect. I'm using this for a my GPU render farm, which needs at least x8 or x16 for loading textures, volumes, geometry, etc. I can't use those USB x1 risers. When I'm not rendering, then I'm doing F@H, so I need things to run reliably 24/7.

I just need to figure out how to order them. I had found another manufacturer on aliexpress, but they are charging ridiculous prices - like $55 for a cable. So, this is super helpful.