Some issue with VCenter groups

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

legopc

Nov 2, 2014
The Netherlands
We are having some issues with our VCenter server/DC server and I was wondering if anyone here would know the solution or has the same issue.
We have a VCenter server with a single host that is linked to a DC server. On this VCenter server we have a bunch of folders for example:
DATA
ESX
GAME
etc.
And we corresponding groups on the domain controller. We want to have it so that when a user is added to the group DATA on the domain controller it has access to the folder DATA on VCenter. But the issue is that when a user gets added to a group it sometime takes a long time before it shows up and sometimes its instant. When removing a user from a group it either takes a really long time (1 day) or sometimes a vcenter restart makes it go away but not always. I was hoping any of you guys has dealt with this issue before and knows how to fix it, or if you have some idea's on how to fix it please share.

So I just made a new account test1 and added it to group vc-temp1 vc-temp2 vc-temp3 which should give the user access to those folders on vcenter but when I log in using that account it says access denied to the vcenter server, so I added the user to the vc-admin group and it is still the same.

Last edited: