SOLVED: Problems flashing M1015

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kenelbow

May 22, 2015
Just purchased an IBM M1015 off ebay. I'm trying to flash to IT mode based on this article. I can't even get past the first command. The screen just freezes as pictured below.

The screen never progresses past this point. Any thoughts/ideas?

kenelbow

May 22, 2015
So has nobody else run into this? I tried this on a dell poweredge r610 and an r710 with the same results on both servers. Did I just get a bad card? Should I try to return it to the seller?

kenelbow

May 22, 2015
Turns out if I run the command and leave it for a long time (like hours), I get the error below. Has anybody else run into this? What jumper is the error talking about?

soundscribe

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know if it helps you at all, but I also just got an M1015 from eBay, followed the instructions and it worked just fine.

Before flashing, the card's BIOS (IBM flavor) came up and I could enter the configuration utility. Do you see the card BIOS stuff on boot?

From the error, it seems to be telling you the card doesn't exist. Maybe the card is bad...

kenelbow

May 22, 2015
I finally got it to flash by putting it in a desktop and booting from my USB drive to DOS. I guess the two server's I tried were just too similar and didn't work well with MegaREC.

Reactions: andrewbedia

habsal

Sep 23, 2018
Hi Experts,

I have bought Raid Controller HBA from Ebay for Oracle Server X5-2 and installed it but not detecting in Oracle System Assistant and BIOS, It seems it should be flash once, but even we are not able to flash it. It shows the bellow message that we have to shutdown the system and set the jumper in the default position and power up.

If controller physically present but not found please shutdown the system and set the jumper in default position and powering up