[SOLVED] How to get into HGST Boot Driver?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

amdradeonhd6950

Dec 22, 2023
DSC_0554.JPG
I bought Virident Flashmax II 550GB to my computer and shows when it POSTs. I pressed c key but nothing changes. How can I get into that?
My motherboard is ASRock X470 K4.

Last edited:

name stolen

Feb 20, 2018
If you're not booting from it, turn off Addon Boot ROMs in the UEFI and let the OS deal with the new drive.

If you are booting from it, I would first try going all UEFI/no-CSM/no legacy. If that doesn't work, reverse it all. If that doesn't work, enable everything and go dual. Finally, try a different PCIe slot or m.2 if using adapter. After that, try it in a different system.

Reactions: amdradeonhd6950

amdradeonhd6950

Dec 22, 2023
If you're not booting from it, turn off Addon Boot ROMs in the UEFI and let the OS deal with the new drive.

If you are booting from it, I would first try going all UEFI/no-CSM/no legacy. If that doesn't work, reverse it all. If that doesn't work, enable everything and go dual. Finally, try a different PCIe slot or m.2 if using adapter. After that, try it in a different system.
I this my motherboard has compatibility issue of this SSD. I tried them all, but nothing helped me. So I put this SSD to an older motherboard(990FX Extreme4) and it turned on normally. Finally solved!