!SOLD! XRackPro2 Noise Reducing Server Cabinets

czl

New Member
May 14, 2016
25
4
3
UPDATE: ALL CABINETS ARE NOW SOLD.

Located in Palo Alto, CA. Delivery available in SF Bay and surrounding area for extra $50-150 depending on distance / travel time, etc. These are the deep versions suitable for full length servers not the shallow studio versions just for short length servers and audio equipment.

I have three available:
* black 12U - good shape $400
* platinum 12U - fair shape $300
* platinum 6U - fair shape $200

Fair shape ones have paint scratched in places. The 12U ones have coaster wheels installed. The 6U was stacked on a desk so comes without feet. All have door locks (unlocked) but come without keys. All ventilation fans work.

PHOTOS
xrackpro server - Google Search

SPECS
Server Rack 12U Rackmount Enclosure Cabinets For Computer Servers, RAID Storage, Rackmount Systems using 19 inch industrly standard 4 post rack by XRackPro, GizMac Accessories
Server Rack 6U Rackmount Enclosure Cabinets For Computer Servers, RAID Storage, Rack mount Systems

"Designed to reduce noise up to 80%, the XRackPro2 server racks and cabinets provide a way for loud equipment to be operated near people. GizMac's XRackPro2 quiet racks constructed of solid steel and uses specialized acoustic material to significantly reduce noise. Ultra quiet, high airflow fans used in the XRackPro2 rack mount cabinet keep systems cool, while noise is reduced. XRackPro2 can help with, Sound dampening, soundproofing, sound deadening, sound reduction, sound isolation, noise reducing, reduce sound, noise suppressing, quieting noise, removing noise, dampening noise, in this XRackPro2 Server Rack Mount Enclosure Cabinet."


FAQ

"Do you have photos?"

They look like the photos you will find online apart for some dust and scratches. They are heavy, made from steel and not modified from how they are originally sold. I expect you will put them away in your garage or storage area and not look at them often.

"Are all 12U / 6U usable at full length?"

I can't guarantee this but I believe the answer is yes. However I'd recommend leaving space for cables / ventilation etc. Best to consult the photos you can find online. The ventilation system these come with can remove so much heat per unit time so if you fill them too densely (ie too many watts being turned into heat inside) you can get heat buildup. Please consult specs that I shared above so you know what you are buying.

"Will you ship it?"

It takes mass to stop sound so these boxes are built heavy -- too heavy to ship economically. Even if you are willing to pay the additional cost of freight shipping it will likely make the purchase a poor deal so I insist on a local face to face sale. If you really have need for one there is the DIY option: DIY Server Rack Plans I doubt you will save money/time and the result will likely not be as good however it's an option I first considered.
 
Last edited:

Matt Lund

Member
Oct 20, 2016
45
8
8
45
These seem pretty cool. Did you find them to be effective specifically at noise reduction? Wish you were in SoCal but I'm interested in your opinion on their effectiveness in any case. I've been interested in something similar but hope to not spend and then conclude they're a gimmick. Curious what you observed.
 
Last edited:

czl

New Member
May 14, 2016
25
4
3
They will not stop all the noise so I would not use these in a recording studio for example where you need total silence. For my purpose I had a few noisy 1U servers in my house garage that I could still hear inside my house even when the garage door was closed. That problem was solved once I put them inside these these boxes. I would not recommend these boxes if you want to work right next to a noisy 1U server -- even with noise cut by 80% that remainder 20% would still be too noisy for my taste.

btw: Apart for sound suppression another benefit of these cabinets is they make your racked server self contained and on wheels.
 

Matt Lund

Member
Oct 20, 2016
45
8
8
45
That's helpful, clearly they perform their objective based on your experience. Makes sense they can't be expected to create total silence of course. Well, I'd buy one if I were close to you so good luck, price seems good.
 

homelabusr

Member
Feb 7, 2017
49
4
8
35
do you have pictures of YOUR items ?
How about if I get them shipped via uship ?

EDIT..

saw you FAQ...STILL would be helpful if you posted pictures of your items.