SOLD: Supermicro SC745 server chassis case w/ 920W SQ Power Supply

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Nemo128

Jul 18, 2019
SOLD LOCALLY, THANKS ALL!

Up for sale is a Supermicro SC745. It has 8 hot swap bays (all hot swap trays and drive spacers are installed and ready to use) and an 80 Plus Platinum 920W super quiet (SQ) power supply. The case specs from Supermicro's site are linked here for clarity:

The power supply specs are different from what's shown in the above link. The SQ power supply specs are here:

I liked this case and used it with a Supermicro X10SL7-F for a while. I moved to a larger non-hot swap chassis and no longer need this. The side panel is included and only not shown to photograph the internals of the case.

It is used. It looks like it. It's not banged up, but it's got some scratches and wear. It still works 100% correctly. You get exactly what's shown in the photos plus the side panel which is partially visible.

This thing is HEAVY. I'd much prefer a local transaction to avoid shipping and have no idea how much it will cost to ship. I will get a shipping quote for a serious buyer if you provide your zip code.

Looking for $200 + shipping and accepting offers. Also posted on Craigs and this thread will be closed if it's sold there. If this thread is open, it's still available.

Attachments

Last edited:

race2c

Oct 14, 2020
SF Bay Area, CA
If OP hasn't moved, past postings show NJ/NYC, no specific details though.

Good luck on sale, OP. If that was local and was a 743AC (or had the SAS2/3 backplane) , I would be interested.

Reactions: Samir

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
very nice! and a really good deal... you could part out the PSU and fans and that alone would be more than $200. GLWS!

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
This is a bump for an awesome case. I love mine , which can also easily be converted into a rackmount. The fans can also be replaced by quieter versions - perfect for home labs

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
This is a bump for an awesome case. I love mine , which can also easily be converted into a rackmount. The fans can also be replaced by quieter versions - perfect for home labs
I have to second this :) I have two of these cases, one old version and a newer version like this, and its perfect for a home server.

Nemo128

Jul 18, 2019
I'm located in the NYC area (right by Giants Stadium in NJ) and can meet up within a reasonable distance. Thanks for the posts! :)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
WOW, I have the exact same setup. The X10SL7-F is the perfect board for this case. It will hold an E-ATX MB but it's no fun shoehorning one in. The X10SL7-F leaves plenty of room. It requires a couple of breakout cables for the onboard LSI 2308 Mustang controller but that's no problem at all.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Great price! GLWS. I think what you have is the close (better) cousin of 743. It looks like 745. I think they are almost similar except the power supply configuration. 745 is capable of dual hot-swap power supplies and space for bigger MB.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Great price! GLWS. I think what you have is the close (better) cousin of 743. It looks like 745. I think they are almost similar except the power supply configuration. 745 is capable of dual hot-swap power supplies and space for bigger MB.
This is true. I have the 745. Running it with one SQ PSU and a slot cover in the other bay.

Reactions: Nemo128 and Samir

discoeels

May 8, 2013
Just an FYI for anyone interested, I think UPS Ground beats USPS by a long shot(Eastern Seaboard). I'm tempted, BTW. My UP Opteron board has a Noctua cooler and I replaced the chipset heatsink. The original one was lost in a move & I don't have a passive heatsink.

Nemo128

Jul 18, 2019
I did look into it for another member and it looks like Fedex or UPS Ground is between 130 and 150 (estimate based on size and weight). Price is negotiable too.

Nemo128

Jul 18, 2019
@epycmac nice choice of board. It's 12" x 13.05" EATX and this chassis supports 13.68" x 13". I measured it and the 13" dimension is the length (from the front panel to the rear IO). I don't believe your board will fit quite right by a tiny margin.