SOLD Oracle PCIe NVMe 3.2TB aka Samsung PM1725A

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arcsum68

Nov 9, 2021
I have 4 of these up for sale, I am not trying to get top dollar and in fact I am well below the other person selling these because I just wanna get these off my desk. *Sorry other person! If I remember correctly I took that screenshot before I did the drive wipes so there will be a few more hours than what is listed, but its minimal. Its been awhile so I cannot recall exactly.

Oracle P/N: 7317693

Price includes shipping within the continental US, not interested in international shipping. I will accept Venmo or Paypal but it must be sent as a gift or friend, etc. I do not want to deal with the IRS.

2x @ 92% SOLD
2x @ 99% health $225

I have nothing but positive feedback and if you do too I dont mind sending a drive with a $50 deposit.

Heatware and eBay

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Are these the ones with the crazy high life and can't boot? Or am I confusing another product?

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Shit, $180 for 3.2TB and NVMe too? What's the read/write speed on these? Might pick up one of them to replace my 970 Evo Plus as game drive.

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
These are good prices. I recently picked up four myself for $260ea or I'd take them all!

For those wondering as I researched this particular drive, a lot:

These drives are Samsung's answer to the Intel Optane's PCIe 3.0 generation HHHL insanity. It had faster sequential transfers than pretty much any other PCIe 3.0 drive. However, that's not what these drives specialize in. They specialize in:

- extremely high endurance! These can be your SLOG/log/cache drives!
- extremely high 4kb depth writes!
- high performance at very low queue depths, just like the Optane
- if the fastest NVMe latency is a 10, and Intel Optane latency (which is like 100x lower than anything on the planet) is a 1, then these PM1725 series lands at about a 3.5 on the scale. It's much faster than any nother NVMe PCIe 3.0 device, but not quite where the Optane drives land.

The PM1725A needs a firmware update asap as there's potential data loss/corruption if power is pulled suddenly. The problem is, there is no published firmware! You have to go through the underground (STH forums) for our threads on the firmware and obtaining copies. I haven't done this yet but will before I put them into production.

The ONLy downside is that they use more power than any other NVMe HHHL card I've touched. Both power-wise and temp-wise.

Last edited:

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
These are great drives!!!!!

I bought a bunch for almost 50% more thinking I got a good deal.
I have this horrible habit of buying bulk and trying to sell the rest to fund the few that I need.

BTW I tried selling them here but no one responded :(

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I received the 2 SSD that I order from OP. Everything works fantastically (on both ESXi and promox). I didn't verify the endurance but for these kinds of drive, they'll outlast me.

Thank you OP.