[SOLD][FS][CA] Small home lab server: AsRock Rack X570D4U + 5800X + 128 Gb

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ant0shka

Dec 7, 2022
Hey folks,
I've upgraded to a rack-mounted EPYC server, so I'd like to sell my home lab server with the following specs:
Motherboard: AsRock Rack X570D4U
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 128 Gb kit (32GBx4 DDR4 3200 MT/s CL22 - CT2K32G4DFD832A)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2
Case: Fractal Design Node 804
Case addons:
- Arctic P12 PWM PST (x5)
- Thermalright TY-147A SQ
- [By request, optionally, for free] Will add 3.5->2.5 adapters and SSD holders so that you can mount up to 20 2.5 SSDs inside.
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GT, 80 Plus Gold
Price is 730$

[Optional] NIC: Intel Dell X540-T2 Dual Port 10Gb Ethernet Network Adapter +50$
[Optional] Drives:
- WD 1TB Blue SN550 NVMe +45$
- 2x Intel DC S3700 100Gb +10$ for both

Great condition. I have boxes and manuals for the case, motherboard, CPU, and cooler. The case was upgraded with five 120mm fans and one 140mm PWM fan.
Optionally, I can add a network card (X540-T2) and/or drives for an additional charge. Price details are in the specs. I don't sell NIC/Drives separately.
I used the lowest market/eBay prices for each component (considering it's used). Let me know if you're interested or have found a better price.
Local pickup only to 95035. It's quite heavy/bulky, so I'd avoid shipping.
Thanks
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

RacerX

Nov 30, 2018
Hi

I have the node 804 also. In the picture the fifth drive is not connected connected to the bracket at all? I can really only see 3 connected the first is hidden by the amazon adapter Could you explain a bit more?

Reactions: Samir

ant0shka

Dec 7, 2022
I have the node 804 also. In the picture the fifth drive is not connected connected to the bracket at all? I can really only see 3 connected the first is hidden by the amazon adapter Could you explain a bit more?
I think you missed the most critical part: SSD has mounting holes on the sides AND on the bottom.
Please open the 3D stacker model and take a look: it connects one SSD side and another SSD bottom. Not two sides or two bottoms. As soon as you understand that, you'll see the potential to stack as many SSDs as you need.
I used five SSDs stack from the rigidity perspective. You can easily connect the 10+ SSDs with this approach if it's a horizontal layout.

RacerX

Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for clearing that up. That 3.5 bracket for the 804 has always frustrated me with hard drives. This looks like a great alternative option for the 804 case...

Reactions: Samir and ant0shka

SRussell

Oct 7, 2019
US
I think you missed the most critical part: SSD has mounting holes on the sides AND on the bottom.
Please open the 3D stacker model and take a look: it connects one SSD side and another SSD bottom. Not two sides or two bottoms. As soon as you understand that, you'll see the potential to stack as many SSDs as you need.
I used five SSDs stack from the rigidity perspective. You can easily connect the 10+ SSDs with this approach if it's a horizontal layout.
How kind of documentation do you use when you ever need to replace a dead drive?

I just bought a Supermicro case that I love. I would prefer to get an Intel Gen13 CPU but this machine does well as a compute node. What I lack is space for eight 3.5 drives; the unit comes with space for four 3.5" drives. I used the two 5.25 slots for two six port 2.5" drive bays.

I don't have that figured out yet and I am internally debating between unRaid, Proxmox, TrueNAS, Vanilla Debian, or going way old school with Solaris 11 on x86.

Reactions: Samir

dandanio

Oct 10, 2017
At that price point, it is a very good deal. GLWS. If you decide to ship, dibs, lmk, I might need a third for my cluster of X570D4Us (5900x and 5600x).

Reactions: Samir and ant0shka