SOLD: EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra w/EK water block and back plate (Northern New Jersey)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Viper GTS

Feb 7, 2020
One EVGA 3090 XC3 Ultra Gaming with EK Quantum Vector waterblock and backplate. Custom built by a friend's machine shop to correct both design flaws (the copper shims, backplate pads too thick) as well as manufacturing issues (chip welds etc) present out of the box from EK. No physical modification to the card, original hs/f, or the waterblock. Only the EK backplate has non reversible machining. Have original box, accessories, HS/F, etc plus unused game code. I had the build documented:

3090 Water block install - Imgur

Assembled with no RGB in the block plus the onboard LED panel is unplugged (not pictured here, I changed it after it arrived), so if you're into that kind of thing you'll need to do some disassembly to add it back. IMO you should want every possible watt going to productive things, but you do you. All FujiPoly 17W/mK pads with the exception of the 2.0mm pads as I wasn't able to find a 17 and ended up with an 8W/mK. Pad and paste order (this was ~$291):

1615943556555.png

Card is currently running a Gigabyte BIOS for increased power limit but can be flashed back to stock if you desire. Undervolting my efficiency setting is 1800 MHz @ 793mV. Higher power preset I settled on 1965 MHz @ 887mV. I haven't abused the memory to see what it will max out at but I run it at +250 on both profiles. No mining, about 50-60 hours of gaming. Card is registered to me but is warranty is transferable to second owner.

I have no desire to scalp this card. I know these are going on ebay for more than this with no water block etc but I am just looking to extract most of what I have into this. I'm at ~$2670 overall with this breakdown:

1615943945025.png

I had a few thermal pads left over so I am looking for $2670 + shipping costs. Also will do cash local to Boonton, NJ. (Pending Sold to somename).

Older stuff that nobody wants but I have this thread anyway so take a look:

Fortinet Fortigate 60E. Subscription has expired. I'll work with you to transfer my account to you as it was my only Fortinet device. Device is mounted in Rackmount.IT RM-FR-T10 rack mount kit providing 1U rack mount + all ports to the front panel. All for $100 + shipping cost.

Rack mount like this:

RM-FR-T10

Tyan S7025WAGM2NR with 2x X5660 + Noctua coolers
I really have no idea what's fair on this but maybe $200 with the Noctuas? I believe the IPMI needs to be re-flashed I made it non operational by trying to install an updated security certificate and never bothered to fix it. I fixed it once by reflashing it and when it I did it again I just gave up.

Dell XPS 15 7590 - $1200 shipped
i5 9300h, no GPU (this config is great, fan never spins up under normal use and battery life is outstanding)
64 GB currently installed (Samsung M471A4G43AB1-CWE), 1 TB Samsung 970 Pro
Windows 10 Pro license
Just over one year old. Has had dbrand skin (Swarm) on it from day one. Mostly OK installation, one somewhat wrinkled corner. But more importantly it's been protected. If you want less memory or disk i have a 16 GB kit I could swap in and can either strip the SSD or replace it with something else. I'm also open to selling the memory and disk separately if you want those but not the laptop.

Yes, I'm still sort of new here. Very much not new to selling stuff on forums, this is me:

Trader Reviews for Viper GTS | HeatWare.com

I like PayPal for shipped transactions, cash for local.

Recent history:

4x6TB HP branded HGST SATA HDD
HP part number MB6000GEBTP
HGST part number HUS726060ALA640
$250 shipped (Sold)

4x Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SATA SSD
$40/ea, buy 2+ I'll ship them for that. (Sold)

2x Intel SSDSA2M040G2GC SATA SSD - Free with purchase of anything else (Sold)

Last edited:

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
That dream machine looks neat, how easy was it to migrate to it? (I have my unifi and unifi-video in docker containers atm)
Does it do full gig IPS/IDS acting as the USG? and is it the same versions of unifi? or is it a separate version appliance kinda thing?

Viper GTS

Feb 7, 2020
Migration was fairly simple. I had a guide I found on reddit but ultimately didn't end up following it all that closely. Basically my process was:

1) Backup the cloud key and shut it down
2) Power up UDMP and move connections over
3) UDMP was not responding on the network so I started setup via bluetooth on my phone
4) Halfway through the phone setup it started responding on the network so I just finished up in a browser.
5) Import config from cloud key and /done

It's only been up since last night, but so far so good.

Allegedly it will do 3.5Gb with full IPS/IDS but I don't have anywhere near enough connection to test that. I also haven't seen test confirmation of that number yet, but it's definitely faster than the USG. Unifi controller appears to be the same versioning, but the underlying UDMP is a new OS. You end up with separate control UIs for the UDMP vs the Unifi wireless side (the WAP icon is the link to the traditional unifi controller):

upload_2020-2-7_14-6-8.png
Each appliance you install becomes a separate controller - Unifi, Protect, etc. Obviously I'm only running Unifi at the moment.

There are a lot of people complaining about the lack of external controller support, lack of battery backup, lack of .json configuration ability, rough software, etc. but frankly none of that matters to me and I've had no issues so far.

Spartacus

May 27, 2019
Austin, TX
Good to know thanks (sorry for derailing your sale thread), yeah I don't have any custom modifications and I just toss mine on a UPS anyway.
I wish the ports were POE though, I assume its still linkable to the ubnt cloud to make changes outside the network?

Personally I think i'd stick to the separated devices, not sure I like the idea of all the critical network pieces in one failure spot even with good backups. If I can manage to list and sell my QNAP NAS I think I'd pick up at least the USG from ya.