SMART data from 5 x Seagate Barracuda ST5000LM000 drives

Discussion in 'Hard Drives and Solid State Drives' started by Aquatechie, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Aquatechie

Aquatechie New Member

Greetings all,

I purchased the drives new and started checking them out before running some infant mortality tests on them.

My first questionable flag was all of their serial numbers were out of warranty according to Seagate's website.

The next flag that went up were the Read Error Rate, Seek Error Rate, and Hardware ECC Recovered values I'm seeing on these drives...

WCJ1H64L.png WCJ1H65H.png WCJ1HSLB.png WCJ1LHQW.png WCJ1M5SQ.png

Mind you, these drives had only been powered on for less than 20 minutes since being in my possession. Am I correct to be concerned about these numbers?