Small, low profile gpu/compute card?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Aug 17, 2021
I'm starting a project that in the beginning, I'll be buying cloud compute/gpu time for at least proof-of-concept.

I'm looking for a small, low profile, single-slot cuda gpu that I can write to locally before I move it over to paid cloud compute services. The machine it will go in is a Dell Precision (small form factor w/xeon) so needs to be low-profile and single slot card. I haven't shopped for graphics cards since the days of Quadro NVS 295/420 cards.

Any ideas of something reasonably priced, not painfully slow and maybe close to how AWS machines present? I don't care about monitor/display outputs, it will be headless in a machine with onboard graphics.

Thanks.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Quadro P1000 or T600 maybe? There's not a whole lot that's low profile these days.

Aug 17, 2021
Thanks. That's about what I had come up with too. I don't need anything super fast, just wanted something that would be reasonably decent to work with.

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
Quatro T4 is your probably best bet, but if you can go with a dual-slot low profile then RTX A2000 is a newer design.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Note that a Tesla T4 is passively cooled. It would be challenging to make that work in a "small form factor Dell precision".